mercredi 25 janvier 2017

Thematic Photographic 398 - Footwear

Well I know I use photos from my archives a lot and often from the hundreds of photos my friend and   I took when we walked our pilgrimage in 2008.  But there are so many that fit the bill! And this week's theme is no exception!  So here goes!

Of course any serious hiker wears boots.  And I tried at least 20 different boots before finally choosing a pair.  I never regretted it.  They are all leather, heavier than boots made of gortex but my feet were never wet (we had a lot of rain!) and in the 70 days we walked, I had no blisters.


Look at the bottom of my pants, mud!

We walked a lot through farmer's fields and along tractor trails.  At one point it had rained without relief for three full days and nights.  The mud was so thick we had to stop a few times a day to scrape off some of it otherwise it really got too heavy!


I got up one night in the dark and wouldn't you know it I stubbed my toe!  Enough to break it!  So boots were not an option for almost a week!


I was really glad it didn't rain that week.

So to change the subject completely,  I do wear more féminin footwear every once in a while!


So if you would like to see the contribution of others to this week's photographic theme, go to Carmi Lévy's blog at Written Inc. 

3 commentaires:

  1. I've broken or come close to breaking toes multiple times, so I know that pain. These days I am in hiking boots daily for protection and support.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Truly if our shoes, boots and other footwear could tell our story, just imagine the many tales it has to tell! Great getting dirty nature boots, of course our my favorite here!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. But were you just resting or admiring your boots in that first shot?

    RépondreSupprimer